Tuesday, March 25, 2008
We just picked a winner that used the free images I had posted here on the last blog post but it was very difficult! We had 12 entries from 9 people and we really enjoyed seeing the different ways people got creative. Plus, I have unexpected company for dinner, so I'm 30 min late posting this!
The judges included our graphic designer Cindy, myself, my mother Rachel, my father Russell, my husband Scott and 2 of my daughters Chelsea and Holly, then friends Debi & Ron, and Chelsea's friend Ewin is here from Scotland. There was a bit of arguing and we all agreed it was very tough! The winner of the $30.00 gift certificate is Joanne Allison from England. Joanne entered two different cards in the contest and she used both the angel image and poem on both projects.

On the first card, Joanne cut the angel out and then the little verses to make a poem booklet.

Everyone loved the 3D look, the colors, stamping and the way the image was transformed so it could be used for any occasion.
On Joanne's 2nd card, she also used both the angel image and a part of the poem. We all agreed she did a great gob of bringing them together really well here

Here are two cards that Lori Washburn submitted. We loved the way Lori used our chenille paper, one of our stamps (from Sweet Kids) and the image here and put it together so nicely!
On this card Lori used the angel image with a sentiment sticker from our Spring Joy stickers. I'm not sure who the paper is from. We liked the little pearls she added. We loved these sweet treat toppers that Kathy C. created using the angel image matted on folded cardstock to decorate her Easter goodies. You probably can't see the glitter she added very well, but I bet it looks fabulous on these goodies!

Dru sent in this pretty card using the angel image embellished with a corner punch, ribbon and pearls.

Darlene Pavlick entered 2 great cards and matted the first on this pretty Spring green paper and we loved the flower border she created below.

On this card, we loved the way Darlene cut the egg out off the paper and added the green ribbon to match!
Shawn B. sent in this totally cool tussie mussie by printing the free poem large on paper and rolling it into a cone and adding the angel image, flowers, glitter and ribbon. We thought this would be so pretty to decorate an Easter table - ok - next year!
Jen Unger sent in this lovely card and we liked the way she used both the angel image and the poem reduced in size!
The beautiful card was sent in by Justine Frederick from Italy and we loved the colors and the way she cut the angel from the egg and mounted the egg on foam pop dots for dimension.
Debbie Kaste sent in the adorable wall hanging and we loved the way she layered her papers, the color combo, her scallop edge and embellishments.


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wowee, I'm glad I didn't see the other entries before I sent mine in! You got some fantastic stuff! Congratulations to the winner, both cards were wonderful; Sandy, I hope you'll do this again soon!

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh.. every single one is so beautiful and unique from all the others! Way to go girls!

Darlene said...

FANTASTIC entries!!! Congrats to the winner . . . such beautiful works of art . . . very creative! I agree with Kathyc . . . glad I didn't see the other entries first - they are all WONDERFUL!!! Thanks again Sandy for doing this, can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve next! Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk)

Angelnorth said...

Oh my word, how exciting! Thank you very much Sandy and judging team! there are some great projects here from everyone, such a great variety of ways to use the materials - love them!

If anyone wants a closer look at my card (including a separate view of the little book) it's in theis post on my blog.

Thanks again, definitely made a bright start to my day :)

tracy said...

fantastic work there ladies :)

Sharon in NE said...

So many talented people out there! Loved seeing these!

Shawn said...

congrats to the winner and thanks for the challenge, I enjoyed participating :)

Anonymous said...

Everyone of them are stunning!!
I especially love the first one and the cone shaped one. Great job on all of them..
Maria