Thursday, December 17, 2009

CHA Excitement! Xmas Cards & Decor and Family Photos

Hi Everyone,
We will have over 10 new stamp sets for CHA next month! Plus - we just received samples of a very cool new product we will be releasing for the CHA Show and all I can say is WOW!!!

Our design team leader, the talented Vicki Chrisman came up with a fantastic idea and 2 designs and we have teamed up with AccuCut and they turned out so cool! Our entire team will be receiving samples and I’m so excited to see what they come up with! I can tell you it’s 3D, very versatile and perfect for show casing all kinds of projects! I can't show you samples until next month but I can promise it will be worth the wait!

Speaking of Vicki, look at this adorable Christmas house she made last year with our Sweetchips Folding House. You can see more photos of the inside with photos and her other Christmas house HERE on Vicki's blog.

I have more great Christmas ideas to share. Look at these adorable Bingo tree ornaments past DT member Lisa Zappa just sent me using our Seasons Greetings stamp set! I love the way she stamped the wacky looking little Santa over again so they could hold hands across her card!

We miss Lisa and hope she will re-join our design team but for now she is going to send samples when she has time to play. She started a fun tradition last year decorating her tree with old Bingo card she alters.

Here's Lisa's third card using the Seasons Greetings Stamp set. Sorry I don't know the accent paper but I love the mini garland and snowflakes!


I also wanted to show you another Christmas stamp set you may have and don’t realize how versatile it is. Look at this IDEA SHEET below that Cindy van Koll our graphic designer made to show how you can mix and match the stamps from our Christmas Joy Clear Art Stamp Set.

Here is a beautiful card that DT member Heidi Blakenship created using gold metallic embossing and liquid glitter snow to really accent her ornaments and the single tree branch she re-stamped to create a big branch.

DT member Pam Hooten used the Christmas Joy stamp set on this gift tag, stamping the pine branch and swirl pattern in brown and placing her stamped ornament with the greeting she cut out on top. It looks like she cut the 25 off a bingo style sheet.


Here is a Bingo Christmas ornament Lisa created last year using the Christmas Joy Stamp set to stamp ornament shapes on great pattern papers to cut and 'hang' from her card. Try clicking the image to see it bigger. Sometimes it works and others times - no luck.

I love this cute Christmas card DT member Michele Kovack created HERE using stamps from the Christmas Joy Stamp Set! The way she colored the little birdie to match her papers is perfect.
Every time I look at this card that DT member Marisa Grosson created I can't get over the fact that she used the tiny holly sprig branch off Christmas Joy to build this beautiful wreath! She did tell me she used a pencil to map out her placement and was then able to mask the bow so she could stamp it on as well. Geez, I know our DT has done masking tutorials but I can't find them right now so I'm adding a link HERE to 5 different masking articles on Splitcoaststampers.com. Marisa also has more samples if you click on her name above.
Here is a scrapbook layout Melissa Waldorf created using the same Christmas Joy stamp set. It looks so classy and pretty in the red & white.

I just spotted this cute Christmas ornament DT member Michele Kovack made using a Santa image from our Christmas Postcard Kit on a Pringle Chip lid! You can get more details HERE on Michele's blog.
DT member Melissa Phillips stitched paper across a white card here and added the Dec month from our Calendar Scraps and the little baking girls from our What's Cooking Stickers to create this adorable little calendar card.

Now for a couple of 'NOT Christmas' samples. I spotted this wonderful tag that DT member Linda Duke designed using a birdy image from our Birds & Botanicals Booklet with a couple of Spellbinders dies, Glimmer Mist, Distress Inks . I like they way she added Flower Soft to the center of her sunflower. You can get all the details and see more photos HERE on Linda's blog.

I have been battling a horrible flu bug which is making me super frustrated because I rarely get sick and I've even been on a big health kick. This card made me laugh out loud when I saw the way Sophia La Fontaine stamped the little sick bear (from our Feeling Yucky stamp set) into a bed she drew and stamped the nurse and the tray. The purple makes it all pop and it makes me feel better just looking at it!
Okay, now I have a few family photos to share. We have lots of Dec birthdays in our family and we were celebrating my Dad's and Scott's in this photo and made them wear the stupid hats. We went 10 pin bowling and the girls beat the guys - yeah!!!


This photo was taken of my daughters Holly 24, Chelsea 22, Katie 27 and myself at a Christmas party last week. They are fun to hang out with because they really have become best friends. When they were little and fought non stop I use to tell them they would be best friends one day and to never say anything they would regret. My heart swells up with joy knowing they have grown into such wonderful women. I love them so much!

Here are my 3 daughters with their sweet boyfriends Anthony and Ryan. As a mom you realize the most important thing you want for your children is their happiness and I'm so happy my girls are happy!

Lastly, I will leave you with the latest photo of our mascot Otis. My youngest daughter Chelsea was searching for his Santa suit today and somehow he ended up in his little devil suit. He is in need of a bath and haircut and so this outfit seems truly appropriate!


I'm going to post a great FREE Christmas download on my next post so come back and visit!

Wishing you joy & creativity!
Sandy Redburn
OwnerCrafty Secrets



Toll Free Phone 1-888 597-8898
Toll Free Fax 1-888 597-2578
Local Phone 604 597-8817

Crafty Secrets Head Office
15430 78 A Ave.,
Surrey, BC V3S 8R4

USA Warehouse
250 H. Street, #436
Blaine, WA 98230

8 comments:

Jan Hennings said...

Great family photos, beautiful daughter's and awesome projects!! Can't wait to see the new releases!!

Elaine A said...

Can't wait for all the new goodies. Really looking forward to them. Thank you for posting the family photos. Your daughters are just lovely. And your puppy - well he is just a sweetie! Happy Holidays to all of you!

Elaine Allen

Darlene said...

Thanks Sandy for all the wonderful holiday creation ideas!!! Fantastic!!
Your girls are BEAUTIFUL!!! You look like their sister ... not their Mom!! What wonderful photos ... thanks so much for sharing them with us!!!
And of course Otis ... how cute!! Merry Christmas to you & yours! May 2010 be the best ever for you & your business!! Hugs to you!!

Thanh Vo said...

You have a very sweet family there, Sandy! Wishing you and yours a great holiday season!

mommadog4 said...

I love your site. I kind of found my niche when it comes to art. I love the vintage goodies. And the stamps, oh my goodness!!! I could go broke buying all your stamps, but my hubby has to reel me in when it comes to my shopping.

Anonymous said...

Sandy, I really enjoyed the pictures. You are so blessed and your girls are truly beautiful... just like you.
The little dog in the devil getup made me laugh! Love it.
Also gal, you are so talented.
Love all the cool stuff you make. WOW!
Leslie Howard from Phx. AZ.

Sophie LaFontaine said...

*squealing with delight* I just now saw that you posted my card! *grin* I hope the flu is long gone!! Thank you for the other photos too! The other projects are delightful, and your family looks so happy. Your devil dog is the cutest!

Gabi Schmidt said...

I'm loving all of the new designs. "Alice in Wonderland" is going to be so popular especially when the Tim Burton and Johnny Depp movie comes out.