Monday, June 10, 2013

Garden Album and Digital Photo Card Tutorials, June Linky Winners and Portland Rd Trip!

Hi Everyone, 

Somehow I make everything harder and after struggling to get my blog post to load properly I realized I should just divide it into 2 parts and it worked!  So I have 2 great tutorials here plus our June Linky Winners.     Later be sure to see my other post with our Free Father's Day Print and Fold Card, a new World's Best Father Design Download, plus our Garden Paper Collection and some pretty garden pincushions.

The Random.org Winners!   For our June Linky Party we had 24 entires and congratulations to everyone who entered, they were all fabulous!  Congrats to # 3 Pam who has won a Crafty Secrets Gift Card and everyone else has won a $6.00 Gift Card Mona will email out tomorrow.  We only had 39 entries for the new Garden Color Printables and Papers, plus Flower Girl and Garden Memories Digital Art Stamp Sets and the winner was #37 Helene (2 am scrapper).



 Here is another great Garden Album Tutorial by DT Member Darlene Pavlick.  Darlene created this pretty Garden Notes Booklet last week before our Garden Papers were finished so she used a bunch of papers and images from CD 2, Creating With Vintage Illustrations.  I love here step by step photos and you can also see her cool Fashionista Pocket Album  if you missed it.



DT Member Sheila Rumney has a great step by step Tutorial showing how to Create Digital Photo Cards using Photoshop Elements.  Sheila's Digital Tutorials have been so helpful for all the ladies who are loving and learning how to use our Digital Art Stamps and Printable Downloads.  You can also see some fabulous photo garden cards here on Vicki's Blog if you missed them.



Okay, I had extra space so I quickly added a little blurb our the annual Mother Daughter Road Trip I do with my 3 girls for last 6 years.  I wanted to start a tradition and this is one we now look forward to every year.  We left early Friday and didn't get home until late last night so I've been racing all day to get all the new stuff wrapped up and then ran into blog trouble.  I'm just happy it's working now!  

We did have super great time and this year Portland won the destination vote again. All 3 of my daughters are real 'foodies' and watch cooking shows and worship Martha, so eating is about as important as shopping.  Portland often wins because there is no tax and the city is filled with amazing fun - and inexpensive restaurants, free transist downtown and we love the Portland Saturday Market. Scott found us a deal on Hotwire and we got a room at the downtown Hilton Hotel for $98.00.

Now, before you judge all the happy hour places you should know that 'happy hour' often runs about 3 to 6 and has fantastic food deals like half off so you can make it work for lunch or dinner.  Plus we all love wine so we used the free metro all weekend.  

Top Fave places we ate:  Mothers for breakfast (the best in Portland) ,   Petisco's for their happy hour late lunch $3.00 sangria and $5.00 grilled sandwiches with salad ,    Lúc Lác for happy hour dinner (all amazing food) ,  The Driftwood Room for late night happy hour (the garlic mushrooms and Springtime in Paris cocktail - yum). We play silly trivia games on the car ride and on Sunday morning always visit Powells Books, the largest book Store in the world. I love that they put used and new books together on the same shelf. 


The big surprise this year - the annual Naked Bike Ride, which we came upon and it took almost 30 mins to cross the street! We heard over 8000?  Yup - they were mostly  and nearly naked with some crazy hats and accessories.  I'm not going to post a photo but you can google it if you don't believe me.

Okay, now go check out all the new Fathers Day Free Printable Card, the Best Father Design Download and Garden Papers!



Wishing you joy and creativity!  
Sandy



See Our  CraftyVintageGirl.com Store
 Our Online Shopatron Store  (sorry No digital downloads)
Visit us on Facebook with over 5650 Fans!  
This Blog: http://heartwarmingvintage.blogspot.com 
Our Websitehttp://www.craftysecrets.com
    

Toll Free Phone or Fax 1-888 597-8898
Local Phone 604 597-8817

 
 Crafty Secrets Head Office
15430 78 A Ave.,
Surrey, BC V3S 8R4


USA Warehouse
250 H. Street, #436
Blaine,WA 9823

7 comments:

Cynthia said...

Thanks Sandy! It's always fun to play along with the Crafty Secrets linky party.

2amscrapper said...

Sounds like a great trip! More amazing dt samples! And I see my name! Looking forward to my prize! Thanks so much!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a fun trip! I love taking trips with our girls...makes for lovely memories!

1CardCreator said...

Congrats to Pam and Helene! Love the Fathers day tee! ~Diane

Crestajune said...

What a fun tradition you have with your girls! Portland is a fun town! I live just an hour east, and that is where we do all of our major shopping and where we go for "fun"! So glad you had a great time! =)

fairyrocks said...

Thank You so much for choosing my project. I just went on a mini shopping spree!! Can't wait to get my hands on all the new goodies.

clickme said...

I surprise how so much effort you place to make this type of fantastic informative web site
바둑이사이트넷