Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Crafty Secrets Welcomes Diane Hover to the Design Team

Hello, Friends!    

Welcome to our new Design Team Spotlight Week!   We have 4 fresh faces on the Crafty Secrets Design Team and we are so excited to introduce you to them.  Today's spotlight is on the lovely Diane Hover.  Her shabby chic/vintage style will be right at home here on the Crafty Secrets team.  Let's meet Diane!


I have 2 grown sons and 1 daughter and 2 step-sons...all which live in the area.  I have 18 grandchildren and 2 great-grandchildren...and yes, I am way too young for all that!  LOL  I love them all!  We live in a log home on a creek in the country, and besides paper crafting (which is my passion) I also love gardening and sewing!!  I like to tell people that when I was born and the doctor inked my footprint, I was destined to get inky and crafty!
 My blog was named after my dog "Nellie"...Nellie is the most wonderful dog-child ever!!  She is a Goldendoodle and ever so smart...I just can't even think about life without her!

My hubby and I have lived in our log cabin for about 19 years...it sits by a woods along a creek...we have named our place here "Cabin On The Creek"...its old...its cold in the winter, buggy in the summer, but we love it.  I have major flower gardens that I work in daily "in season".  I have many interests...so many, that its a bit overwhelming at times....I love to papercraft~sew~garage sale~go to auctions~and refurbish old items!

You might see me "write" about our lake home...we have a newer home (oh how I love new homes) on Lake Huron...about 30 miles SE of the Mackinac Bridge...we go there whenever we can...we call that house "Summer Wind", since my hubby is a big fan of Frank Sinatra.....it sets very close to the lake, love the sound of the waves....we kayak in the summer months...kind of scarey on that big lake, but we are careful!

Visiting Diane's blog, Nellie's Nest, is a real treat!  This crafty gal makes the most beautiful paper flowers and dimensional cards.  I was so impressed with the many different ways that Diane uses paper in her artwork.  It seems she can do anything from clean and simple cards to ornate shabby chic.  She stitches, layers, colors, die cuts and creates dimensional art.  Diane is a wonderful artist with a great sense of humor and a warm personality.  Her blog  also features photos from her beautiful home in the countryside. We are so happy to have you on the Crafty Secrets Design team.

Look at this beautiful box Diane created for her Crafty Secrets debut:


This darling altered box features papers and images from our Digital Garden Papers.  I just love the delicate flowers and butterfly embellishments. 

I know you will want to join me in welcoming Diane to the Crafty Secrets team in your comments below.  We can't wait to get to know her even better!

I'll see you tomorrow with another new designer spotlight.  Until then, I wish you joy and creativity!

Kathy

 

See BIG SALE at CraftyVintageGirl.com 
Visit Our Facebook Page with 6780+ Fans!

This Blog: http://heartwarmingvintage.blogspot.com
 

Toll Free Phone or Fax 1-888 597-8898
Local Phone 604 597-8817


Crafty Secrets Head Office
15430 78 A Ave.,
Surrey, BC V3S 8R4


USA Warehouse
250 H. Street, #436
Blaine,WA 98230

5 comments:

Darlene said...

YEAH! Welcome to the team Diane!!

Elizabeth said...

A huge welcome to the team Diane. I love the project you made for your debut.

Gloria Stengel said...

Congrats, Diane! Your work is lovely!

Cammie said...

Congratulations, Diane! I look forward to your lovely creations for one of my favorite companies.

Leslie Miller said...

Now, why would I want to throw darts at that beautiful face? Loved your write up, Diane. Congratulations!