Thursday, December 11, 2014

Fun Tutorial Using Deer Christmas and Christmas Tree Digital Sets, Plus...

Hi Everyone.  our last Digital Christmas Stamp Sets are in store now and I've done a little tutorial below showing some easy ways you can change black stamps to white for the holidays - or change them to full color.

If you missed our Dec Linky Party and DT Challenge there are some amazing samples and Tutorials - and you have until Monday, Dec to enter the Linky Party and you can receive either of these new Deer Christmas  or Christmas Tree sets or our Bedtime Kids Digital Set - just for joining in!  This is a great offer and the rules will change Jan 2016. 


I'm  going to enter this card  here for Marion from the UK who doesn't have a blog to post it on. Some people link to a gallery site like Splitcoast Stampers. If anyone else wants to enter a sample and they don't have anywhere to post it - you can email it to me (craftysecrets@telus.net )and I will add it. Marion used birds and printable papers from CD #6 Vintage Christmas on this pretty card. I adore the way she cut the birds across the front of her card.
What is it with Deers being so popular? I also love them and have been collection images from old books for several years. Now we've cut them all apart and made them uniquely ours and I'm loving this set!  The samples on the red texture paper below are from the Deer Christmas Set but have been inverted so they look like snow on the red.

I know I've shown you how to invert a black stamp before but I will also show how to color it below.
I really love the white inverted 'snowy look' for the holidays! I used Photoshop Elements but Paint.net is free and safe to download from the link and it has an invert button.


This method works best on designs that are bold and have enough black that will become white when inverted.

Then when I was playing around I found I could change my black stamps to color by playing with the Gradient Button which is just above the 'Invert Button' in Photoshop Elements.  I've tossed out so many dried up color ink pads over the years I love that I can change color this easily!
UPDATE: This method works fine but I also I did a better tutorial on coloring stamps with 3 finished samples here on Dec 15/14 and posted our Free 2014 Christmas Printable.


Adobe Photoshop has tutorials and I copied their explanation of the Gradient Map Filter


Here are are all our Deer Stamps with the sizes.  It all started with the little Deer Family Set in the 3rd row and morphed into 2 Sets. It's too hard to pick a fave from this set but I love the mice with the little antler hat, the Postal items and Peace designs.


Then our Christmas Tree Digital set grew as Cindy my graphic designer scanned a lid off some little vintage ornaments she has and started coloring them so the color and black/white designs are included.  The chalkboard paper below has a mix of inverted stamp samples from this set and I also added some of the color ornaments.


 I am in love with the way the old truck with the tree turned out. I was inspired by this cute truck past DT Member Vicki Chrisman bought at a craft show we sold at last year.


Here is a map of all the stamps in this set with the sizes at 300 dpi/ppi.  Some of the tree ornaments are only between 1 to 1.5" but they work great on the trees and garland.



 I love the large size photo holders included in this set like the tree and this window. A decorated tree would also look awesome behind the window.
I wanted to show you the green color garland included and how you can add the ornaments to it

Our Design Team just received the new stamp sets and I will post samples ASAP but I have some other great samples to share.

DT Leader Kathy Clement created this pretty Christmas card - her first digital collage card after learning how to add a PNG of the birds to a background (a PNG file means the birds are all cut out and transparent). She still uses all sorts of 3D embellishments and techniques after she prints images and used CD 6 Creating With Vintage Christmas on this card.


DT Member Michele Kovack designed this cute Christmas card using our Christmas Mail Digital Stamp Set with Spellbinders dies and colored with her Copic Markers.
.

DT Member Melody Clement made this sweet snow kids card and I love the matching inside she made using a sticker from our Heavenly Christmas set with similar artwork by Nister


 I also wanted to show you this fun retro Christmas Bingo Banner by Vicki Chrisman she made using images and paper from our Retro Christmas CD. She is teaching a class to make it in Nebraska!


 Lastly, look this pretty butterfly card by DT Member Sheila Rumney she made using our Altered Fairy Scraps

Don't forget to be brave and submit and sample you have created using our product(s) in our December Linky Party and you can pick on of the 3 Digital Stamp Sets I showed at the beginning of this post.

Wishing you joy and creativity
Sandy Redburn
Crafty Secrets

Visit Our CraftyVintageGirl.com  Store
Join Us on Facebook!

This Blog:
http://heartwarmingvintage.blogspot.com
Our Website: http://www.craftysecrets.com
Toll Free Phone or Fax 1-888 597-8898
Local Phone 604 597-8817

Crafty Secrets Head Office
15430 78 A Ave.,
Surrey, BC V3S 8R4


USA Warehouse
Mail:
250 H. St., #436
Blaine, WA 98230

1 comment:

John Vick said...

You have really done great job by sharing the beautiful post. Thanks lot for the informative post. Learn to read more about Custom hair dryer boxes