Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Great Links and Downloads!

This blog post includes links to some free cool and helpful sites, templates for party hats & cones, free printable vintage sheet music, a great photo editing program, samples and more!

Scott and I just got back from the CK Scrapbook Show in Phoenix and we met so many wonderful people! I owe a BIG THANKS to my two fantastic helpers; Julie on Friday and to Cindy who helped us Saturday. Jennifer and Kim also came by from the famous and fantastic Mystic Paper Store in Mesa and bought a bunch goodies! As well we have a new store called the Tole Shop in Glendale AZ that bought stock when the show was over and they are now carrying some of our products!



Some of these links have been posted in the past but I thought I would gather them all up in a single post and add them down the side of my blog soon as well.

Here are the links!
Link to FREE Vintage Sheet Music in Sea Shore Song from Lisa Zappa

Link to Free Printable Sheet Music Sing for Joyfully or Patriotic

Link to Free Party Hats & Cone Pattern

Link to Free Printable Vintage Angel Egg Card and Poem. This was the winning card that the talented Joanne (Angelnorth) from the UK created when she enlarged the angel and shrunk the poem down and turned it into a tiny booklet. Her idea to cut the Angel from the original flowered egg, makes it work for more card themes than just Easter


Link to oodles of great envelope and box templates from Ruth including petal cards, heart baskets, pyramid boxes, Hexagonal cards and much more!

Link to Great Resources on Splitcoaststampers.com for techniques and patterns including: alcohol inking, bleached images, coloring techniques, cracked glass, slider cards, pop-up cards, mini coaster or badge holder albums and more!

LINK to a 2008 Calendar Sheet and CLICK HERE for 2009. Calendar making season is approaching again, so I thought I better include links to our FREE calendar sheets which can be printer on paper or cardstock and the months trimmed to desired size. Here is our Blank Template that works with our Calendar Stamp Set.

Link to www.picnik.com photo editing program

My youngest daughter Chelsea (21 years) introduced me to a really fantastic website I want to share with you for correcting and editing your photos really fast and it’s free! It’s called Picnik and makes it easy for you to pull photos straight from any of several photo sharing sites including Flickr, Picasa Web Albums, Facebook, Photobucket, Webshots. You can also enter the URL for ANY website (your blog, MySpace page, etc.) and Picnik can pull photos from there for you to edit as well. When you save a photo, you can choose where you want it saved. She convinced me when she showed me how fast it did the automatic ‘teeth whitening’ feature on a photo she used!

* Fix your photos in just one click
* Use advanced controls to fine-tune your results
* Crop, resize, and rotate in real-time
* Tons of special effects, from artsy to fun
* Will change your photos to B&W or Sepia FAST!
* Awesome fonts and top-quality type tool
* Lots of shapes, adds rounded corners
* No download required, nothing to install

A few of the ladies on the design team have new projects on their blogs. You have to check out this beautiful baby card that that
Heidi created HERE from our DT created using Baby Girls Clear Art Stamps and paper from our Pastel Paper Pad.


Vivian from our DT decorated this adorable Halloween house using one of our Sweetchips Houses, our Vintage Halloween stickers and the diamond paper is from our Earthy Paper Pad. You can get all the details HERE on her blog
Pammy Jo has posted a challenge over at Splitcoast also for people to submit artist trading cards but her little stipulation is they need to include three P’s, ( 3 things that start with the letter P). You can Check Out the Gallery HERE and get more details HERE. Here is a cute ATC that Pammy made using our Support the Girls Stamp set.


Marisa from our design team entered her first ATC card into the challenge with this pretty card using letters from our Divine Booklet (which is on sale here). You can get all the details on her blog HERE
Here is a cute candy container that Vicki from our design team altered and you can see lots more samples HERE in Our Online Gallery!



It was heartbreaking to hear about the damage that hurricane Ike has done and everyone here at our office sends their condolences and best wishes to all those affected. We have so many great customers from Texas! Scott and I toured many of the old heritage houses in Galveston a few years ago so it was horrible hearing about all the devastation.
From all accounts it looks like two of the best places anyone can donate to help out are the Salvation Army or the Red Cross. I made a donation to both and it was easy to do online.

Salvation Army Donations can be made online at
http://www.salvationarmy.org/ or call (800) SAL-ARMY.
You can donate to the Red Cross Donate online at
http://www.redcross.org/ or by phone at (800) RED-CROS Or, text the word "Give" to 24357 (2HELP) to donate $5.

I almost forgot that I wanted to share a peek at a new stamp set that I would LOVE to have your feedback on! It's called Winter Fun and includes Peter Rabbit with some of his animal family & friends. It's almost ready to go to the manufacture but I would love feedback on the words and font styles. Please speak up if you have any suggestions keeping in mind that this will be a 4" x 6" medium stamp set. I'm sure I'm driving our graphic artist Cindy van Koll nuts - but I want every set we do to be the best it can be and feel 100% right. Thanks for any recommendations and ideas! Please excuse the rotten photo


I wish you all a wonderful day!

Sandy Redburn

Crafty Secrets - Heartwarming Vintage

www.craftysecrets.com

www.clearartstamps.com

Store Locator

Online Shopatron Store

5 comments:

Marlene (cards4u) said...

Thanks for all of the wonderful links! I can't wait to play! Looking forward to your new set coming out - looks like fun! I'll need to put on my thinking cap to see if I have any suggestions : )

Have A Great Day!

Dru said...

This is an adorable set - I love all the sweet vintage images and the sentiments. What immediately came to mind was the fonts - In my humble opinion - seems like they could/should be more vintage looking. I'll most likely buy the set anyway - but I do love your vintage looking fonts better (sorry)

Erin Glee said...

lqzwtiHi Sandy! I decided to take you up on giving my opinion on the Peter Rabbit Winter stamp set... and before I read Dru's comment (above), I was going to tell you the same thing: the fonts are modern, the images are vintage... I love the vintage sentiments to go along with a vintage looking card or scrapbook page. Of the sentiments "some-bunny wuvs you" is my favorite because it looks like cartoon lettering, but the "s" on "some" is hard to read...it may be the photo, as you pointed out was not the best. I like the sentiments, but think "Wear this warm HUG" would be cute to go with the Mama Bunny putting the scarf on her little one, and "from ME to YOU" could be stamped under it or go on the inside of a card or be used as a (silly) gift tag. I hope you have time to consider my ideas and possibly change the set before going to manufacture without driving Cindy crazy~we don't want to do that... I just want a stamp set that I'M CRAZY about... we love Bunnies in our family : )

Thank you for all the great links to fun stuff and great Design Team samples!

Erin Glee said...

OOoops! That crazy stuff at the beginning of my comment was my "word verification" to prove I am not a Robot... typed it in the wrong place. See, I am DEFINATLY human! Erin : )

Anonymous said...

Vintage and critters - two of my favorite things to stamp! This set definitely will be on my must-have list. I do agree with the other posters more vintage-looking fonts would improve this set.