Monday, September 9, 2013

Guest Blogger Vicki Chrisman with a Halloween Burlap Canvas

Hello Everyone!  Vicki here, happy to be able to guest blog while Sandy is away.  First of all I wanted to say Thank you so much to those of you who played along with us for our September Linky Party!  I love seeing what everyone creates!
**  This months winner of the $50 gift Card is  Diane H       

Today I thought I would share with you a little bit of Halloween décor I created using the "Creating with Vintage Halloween CD".  This CD is so packed with fun papers and elements you could easily create projects to decorate you entire house for Halloween.  The CD is easy use, and so many of the things (like this crow/raven) below can be just as easy as print and cut, like I did for this project.





For the little banner that says "Nevermore", I just added whatever letters I wanted in whatever font I wanted to the center of one of  the frames that's found in the extras on the CD.


Just like this.   Then when I wanted to do the next letter, I'd just step back, by using the back arrow and take that letter away, to be able to add the next letter I needed. So easy!




To add the cut leaves to the branch,  I first created double sided paper by printed one side with this paper from the CD


and then flipping it over and printing this pattern on the back. That when my leaves are dimensional and can be seen from all directions, never seeing a white back.

It was a very fun and project!  Halloween is a fun time to decorate isn't it?


I also wanted to share just a couple of photos from a Outdoor Fall Boutique I went to with a friend this weekend.  I was held out in the country here in Nebraska and the most beautiful acreage. It's called TLC Country Boutique.  (They are on Facebook) and here is their Blog if your interested  TLC Country Floral


Oh... I could have sat here all day.


I took so many photos, I couldn't begin to share them all, but it was an amazing place. They had a wonderful outdoor lunch and all the proceeds went to the Crisis Center.
The onions for the grilled hamburgers, the tomatoes, watermelon ect were all locally grown.  As well as the hundreds of pumpkins and gourds that were for sale.

I cant imagine the hours of care, watering ect, that must go into this.

There were also so many really cute ideas.  The women who put this on are amazing!



And on top of it all, it was a super fun outing with my friend Julie.  I had never been to this annual even before, so I'm lucky to have her invite me and share the experience.  I will defiantly be going back!
Thank you so much for letting me share a project and a bit about my weekend with you here while Sandy is away.    Sandy has other guest bloggers lined up so stay tuned :)

Enjoy your week! I hope it's fantastic!

Vicki

8 comments:

Crafty Secrets Heartwarming Vintage Co. said...

Love your cool burlap bird canvas Vicki and the way you did the double sided leaves! Thanks a bunch for guest posting while I'm away.

Congrats to our winner Diane H and big thanks to the ladies who entered the great samples!

xox Sandy

Darlene said...

Awesome creation Vicki and WOW! what a fun time you must have had ... Too bad Ohio isn't closer to Nebraska ... I would have invited myself along! LOL!
CONGRATS to our winner: Diane H

Diane said...

Wonderful Halloween project, and looks like you had a fantastic time!! And THANK YOU so much for picking my name as the winner this month...I am super excited!!!!! Woowho!!!!! Diane Hover

Debbie K. said...

Love your Halloween project, Ms. Vicki. Everything you do is beautiful:)
Looks like you and your friend had a great time. Thanks for sharing and have a terrific week.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Wowsers, Vic...the whole piece is just so much fun...but I love that branch and those leaves....you could take that one element a lot of places. It's gorgeous.

Jean said...

What a gorgeous canvas! Love the bird and leaves on the tree! Looks like a fun time!

Gail S. said...

So fun! Great job...as always, Vicki!! The TLC photos look like such a FUN place.

Sheila Rumney said...

What a great project! Love the banner.